Collections Agent (Call Center)
Employment Type: Full-Time
If you are looking to join one of Canada’s fastest growing companies, goeasy Ltd. is the place for you! A publicly traded company on the TSX with over 4000% shareholder return since 2001, goeasy operates two main business units. easyfinancial is our consumer lending business that offers secured and unsecured installment loans of up to $25,000 and easyhome is Canada’s largest merchandise lease-to-own company. It is our mission to provide everyday Canadians the chance for a better tomorrow, today by giving them access to the credit they need and by offering them a second chance when they have been turned down by banks and traditional lenders. With a retail network of nearly 400 locations across Canada and over 1700 employees, we are able to build lasting relationships with our customers as we help them rebuild their credit and graduate towards prime rates and a brighter financial future.
As a Collections Agent, you will:
- Provide excellent service and ensure exceptional execution results in the collection of our financial loans
- Conduct collections calls for all past due accounts
- Contact past due customers by phone, request payment & negotiate appropriate payment arrangements, within authorized limits; Send correspondence to delinquent/collection customers
- Use defined procedures to arrange and coordinate firm payment arrangements within established risk policy for our collection customers; Assess and mitigate risk by referring accounts for further action
- Document call activity details in Collections system to reflect action taken; Update customer account information with e.g. commitments to pay, amounts & dates, collection call updates
- Apply tact, diplomacy & resourcefulness; Handle objections & excuses, apply soft calling techniques, where appropriate, to effectively manage & control situations
- Perform to regulatory standards and best practice on collections
- Achieve individual collection targets, in order to meet Department and Company goals;
- Maintain and submit reports for review by collection management
- Communicate with team members across our national branch network (customer service, sales, loan underwriting, collections)
- Complete other collection responsibilities, as assigned
What you need to work with us:
- Minimum 1-2 year of prior experience in at least one of the following core areas: call centre, customer service, collections, payday or consumer loan industry
- Excellent oral and written communication skills for consistent collection calls
- Good math skills with the ability to perform basic calculations quickly
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Good understanding of Microsoft Excel and Outlook
- Strong computer operating skills
- Ability to adapt in a fast-paced environment
- Desire to learn and further your career
- Strong Problem-Solving Skills
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
goeasy is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, goeasy is committed to providing accommodations for applicants upon request at any stage of the recruitment process in accordance with all legislative requirements throughout Canada. Please let us know if you require an accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.
All candidates considered for hire must successfully pass a criminal background check, credit check, and validation of their work experience to qualify for hire. Candidates must provide schedule flexibility to ensure that the location’s hours can be covered to meet our customer’s needs – details by location will be discussed in the interview process.
We thank all interested applicants; however, we will only be contacting those for interview who possess the skills and qualifications outlined above.
Internally known as: Collection Specialist
Why should you work for goeasy?
To learn more about our great company please click the links below: http://goeasy.com/careers/