Employment Type: Full-Time
If you are looking to join one of Canada’s fastest growing companies, goeasy Ltd. is the place for you! Recently recognized as one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate cultures in 2018, we want the best and brightest to join our team. We are a publicly traded company on the TSX with over 4000% shareholder return since 2001, goeasy operates two main business units. easyfinancial is our consumer lending business that offers secured and unsecured installment loans of up to $35,000 and easyhome is Canada’s largest merchandise lease-to-own company. It is our mission to provide everyday Canadians the chance for a better tomorrow, today by giving them access to the credit they need and by offering them a second chance when they have been turned down by banks and traditional lenders. With a retail network of nearly 400 locations across Canada and over 1800 employees, we are able to build lasting relationships with our customers as we help them rebuild their credit and graduate towards prime rates and a brighter financial future.
The Data Engineer on the Data Science and Business Insights team will build, integrate data from various resources, manage data in goeasy operational data store and enterprise data warehouse. This position will develop ETL (Extract, Transform and Load) with various tools on large datasets to ensure data is easily accessible, works smoothly, as well as maintain and expand the data warehouse for reporting and analysis. The Data Engineer will also work closely with the data architect to on the design and architecture of our enterprise data warehouse.
- Develop data set processes for data modeling, mining and production
- Develop and maintain ETL processes using SSIS, Scripting and data replication technologies
- Participate in development of datamarts for reports and data visualization solutions
- Research opportunities for data acquisition and new uses for existing data
- Integrate new data management technologies and software engineering tools into existing structures
- Support the translation of business requirements for data acquisition/manipulation and provide detailed specifications that can be passed downstream for use
- Develop detailed technical specifications and operational support documentation in collaboration with Business Systems Analysts, BI Engineers and Architects.
- Identify and communicate technical problems, process and solutions
- Create Ad-Hoc queries and reports as needed along with providing on-going analytical support for these requests
- Assist in the collection and documentation of user’s requirements
- Ensure that existing business processes dependent on the ODS/EDW are monitored and respond quickly to bug fixes, enhancement requests and production ETL related issues.
- Dealing with the database users on a daily basis to ensure that problems are dealt with promptly and that appropriate fixes are made to resolve any problems.
- Recommend ways to improve data reliability, efficiency and quality
- Ensure systems meet business requirements and industry practices
- Work effectively with the Business Intelligence and Data Solutions Architects, Data and BI Engineers to ensure that all approved development and deployment procedures are followed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, MIS, Computer Engineering or other Information Technology related degree
- 2+ years SQL Server Database administration experience
- 4+ years of extensive ETL development experience with SSIS highly preferred
- 4+ years of experience troubleshooting within a Data Warehouse environment
- Expert domain knowledge & experience in Data warehousing, encompassing data model design, dimensional modeling, naming conventions, cross-cutting concerns, common integration technologies, patterns & standards and emerging technologies.
- Exposure and experience with Python, R, Hadoop, Azure, other Big data and advanced analytics
- Knowledge of AI and ML developments/solutions/implementations
- A minimum of 2 years working with SQL Server or comparable relational database system
- Expert Knowledge of SQL skills to build, debug, and optimize (developing procedures, functions, SQL queries, etc.)and working with large data sets
- High level of technical aptitude
- Experience with multiple programming languages (PowerShell scripting, C#, others)with basic scripting skills.
- Experience with data mapping analysis and design.
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
goeasy is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, goeasy is committed to providing accommodations for applicants upon request at any stage of the recruitment process in accordance with all legislative requirements throughout Canada. Please let us know if you require an accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.
All candidates considered for hire must successfully pass a criminal background check, credit check, and validation of their work experience to qualify for hire. We thank all interested applicants, however we will only be contacting those for interview who possess the skills and qualifications outlined above.
Why should you work for goeasy?