QA Automation Analyst (Selenium)
Employment Type: Full-Time
If you are looking to join one of Canada’s fastest growing companies, goeasy Ltd. is the place for you! Recently recognized as one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate cultures in 2018, we want the best and brightest to join our team. We are a publicly traded company on the TSX with over 4000% shareholder return since 2001, goeasy operates two main business units. easyfinancial is our consumer lending business that offers secured and unsecured installment loans of up to $35,000 and easyhome is Canada’s largest merchandise lease-to-own company. It is our mission to provide everyday Canadians the chance for a better tomorrow, today by giving them access to the credit they need and by offering them a second chance when they have been turned down by banks and traditional lenders. With a retail network of nearly 400 locations across Canada and over 1800 employees, we are able to build lasting relationships with our customers as we help them rebuild their credit and graduate towards prime rates and a brighter financial future.
We are looking for an experienced, passionate QA Automation Analyst who will work collaboratively within the IT and other business units, will design and execute QA automation test framework and test scripts for existing business components, applications and for upcoming releases. Deep technical skills are required, along with an ability to understand how all pieces fit together and are validated in a complex, integrated systems. The right individual will have extensive experience working in a fast-pasted environment and handling multiple assignments.
- Review business requirements, user stories, issues log with project team and clarify any ambiguity ensuring testing conditions are understood.
- Develop, document and maintain functional, regression test cases and other test artifacts.
- Designs automated test cases to achieve test requirements that encompass the full spectrum of testing and validates test data.
- Assess the entire application flow(s), from the data layer to the UI and automate the flows by priorities. Develop high-quality test scripts by using Selenium.
- Work with onsite and offshore QA resources in creating and automating reusable business-level tests that are easy to maintain even when underlying feature changes.
- Run automation scripts on different browsers/environments & report defects/results to the team.
- Conducts research in test technologies to improve efficiency and capability.
- Ability to work in an agile environment, including handling interruptions and multi-tasking as needed.
- Contribute in building a robust regression suite at enterprise level based on a solid automation framework.
- Great verbal and written communication skills, be able to interact with different team members to clarify specifications, identify and resolve various issues.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or equivalent
- 5+ years of experience in quality assurance, system development, and automated testing.
- 3+ years of experience in Selenium WebDriver building out automation frameworks.
- Experience with Jenkins and Java is considered an Asset
- Experience performing backend database verifications using Microsoft SQL.
- Extensive experience building and maintaining automated testing frameworks that are flexible and result in highly maintainable automated tests.
- Ability to work with both manual and automated testing tools and methodologies.
- Experience in testing complex enterprise web applications with multiple upstream and downstream integrations. Understanding of continuous integration practice.
- Able to prioritize in a fast moving, high pressure, constantly changing environment; good sense of urgency, resourcefulness and independence.
- Knowledge of relational & dimensional database (PostgreSQL) in respect to maintain quality throughout data pipelines.
- Nice to have: experience with web services and API automation
- Nice to have: Salesforce knowledge
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
goeasy is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, goeasy is committed to providing accommodations for applicants upon request at any stage of the recruitment process in accordance with all legislative requirements throughout Canada. Please let us know if you require an accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.
All candidates considered for hire must successfully pass a criminal background check, credit check, and validation of their work experience to qualify for hire.
We thank all interested applicants, however we will only be contacting those for interview who possess the skills and qualifications outlined above.
Why should you work for goeasy?
To learn more about our great company please click the links below: