Manager, IT Operations
Posted On: January 12, 2021
If you are looking to join one of Canada’s fastest growing companies, goeasy Ltd. is the place for you! Recognized as Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures, GTA's Top 100 Employers, one of Canada’s Top 50 Fintech’s and North America’s Most Engaged Workplaces, we want the best and brightest to join our team.
We are a publicly traded company on the TSX with over 4000% shareholder return since 2001, goeasy operates two main business units. easyfinancial is our consumer lending business that offers secured and unsecured installment loans of up to $45,000 and easyhome is Canada’s largest merchandise lease-to-own company. It is our vision to provide everyday Canadians the path for a better tomorrow, today by giving them access to the credit they need and by offering them a second chance when they have been turned down by banks and traditional lenders. With a retail network of nearly 400 locations across Canada and over 1900 employees, we are able to build lasting relationships with our customers as we help them rebuild their credit and graduate towards prime rates and a brighter financial future.
The Manager, IT Operations is responsible for managing the internal Service Desk and Deskside Support services including related processes, tools and leading our technical support team to provide excellent client service and resolve all technical issues.
The candidate we are looking for is someone who exhibits a high sense of urgency while focusing on quality outcomes. You have a solid technical background combined with client service experience, with a problem-solving attitude and the ability to motivate team members locally and at remote locations to achieve specific goals.
What makes you shine will be your strength with maturing processes and procedures and the ability to effectively collaborate with other IT Teams to support clients in the field and at the Support Center.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities
- Establish and implement the hardware policy including standards, lifecycle management, asset management, depreciation, etc.
- Act as a technical coach to the Service Desk and Desktop Engineering team.
- Implement and manage support processes for all end user computing devices.
- Ability to build productive working relationships with vendors and to create a win/win culture for both goeasy and its partner network.
- Optimize the Service Desk team and create a client first culture that is focused on client satisfaction
- Act as an escalation point for all user support needs.
- Establish key relationships with sponsors and business owners to help elevate the role of IT internally within the organization.
- Set specific and measurable client service standards and metrics to ensure service is provided in a timely and accurate manner
- Contribute to improving client support by actively responding to queries and handling escalations
- Establish a best in class support process that encompasses level 1, 2 and 3 including documentation and training of staff.
- Establish Service Level Agreements with internal user community that ensures the highest level of responsiveness possible.
- Develop daily, weekly and monthly reports on the team’s productivity, identify trends and continuously optimize support process to contribute to the high client satisfaction
- Provide client feedback to the appropriate internal teams
- Develop your immediate team for growth opportunities within the larger IT department
- Operate as back up to the Major Incident Manager
- Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience
- A minimum of 8 years’ experience in IT working with multiple internal stakeholders.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience managing a support team.
- Experience developing and/or improving IT processes and procedures.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and the ability to convey technical messages to non-technical audience
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
goeasy is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, goeasy is committed to providing accommodations for applicants upon request at any stage of the recruitment process in accordance with all legislative requirements throughout Canada. Please let us know if you require an accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.
All candidates considered for hire must successfully pass a criminal background check, credit check, and validation of their work experience to qualify for hire.
We thank all interested applicants, however we will only be contacting those for interview who possess the skills and qualifications outlined above.
Why should you work for goeasy?
To learn more about our great company please click the links below: