Manager, Human Resources
If you are looking to join one of Canada’s fastest growing companies, goeasy Ltd. is the place for you! Certified as a Great Place to Work®, recognized as Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures, GTA's Top 100 Employers, one of Canada’s Top 50 Fintech’s, North America’s Most Engaged Workplaces, and placed on the 2022 Report on Business Women Lead Here list, we want the best and brightest to join our team.
We are a publicly-traded company on the TSX with over 4000% shareholder return since 2001. Accredited by the Better Business Bureau, goeasy Ltd is a Canadian company that provides non-prime leasing and lending services through easyhome, easyfinancial and LendCare.
We are seeking an energetic, hardworking, and motivated Manager, Human Resources to join our growing team. Reporting to the Director of Human Resources, the HR Business Partner will play a critical role in running and optimizing talent management programs in support of their business unit. This individual will often pivot between acting as a strategic consultant and operational partner in support of all types of Human Resources related matters including; Performance Management, Succession Planning, Employee Relations or Employee Development.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Partners with employees, supervisors and managers in providing day-to-day leadership and solutions to clients’ HR needs
- Works closely with leadership and other HR functions (recruitment, leadership development & training) to ensure their clients groups are appropriately resourced and prepared to support business objectives
- Drive the Talent Management agenda, ensuring that internal talent health and development is always at the forefront
- Coaches, counsels and consults with management regarding performance issues, progressive discipline/corrective action up to and including termination
- Drives the continuous process improvement that proactively addresses goeasy’s human resources needs
- Leveraging metrics and in concert with leadership identifies problem areas within the client group, develops and executes strategies to rectify issues
- Provide guidance, policy interpretation and direction to staff on issues of employee relations, HR & organizational policies and procedures
- Accountable for the management of leaves of absences which can include creating and managing early safe return-to-work plans as required
- Ensures compliance with employment legislation in all provinces
- Manages the rollout and execution of enterprise HR initiatives at the client group level
- In conjunction with HR Management, facilitate the annual performance appraisal process along with strategic succession planning for their assigned client group
- Participate in employee investigations independently or in liaison with Branch Audit team
- Ensure integrity of confidential data at all times
- Participate in various HR projects as required
- University/college degree or diploma in Human Resources or a related field
- Minimum of 5 years’ progressive experience working in a client-focused HRBP or Generalist role
- Strong Knowledge of provincial Employment Standards legislation, Human Rights and Health and Safety legislation
- Experience with HR program and/or project management
- Ability to critically analyze HR data for identifying trends and preparing HR plans
- Strong time management and organizational skills and attention to detail to manage work, competing deadlines and sensitive projects
- Experience in dealing with large client base
- Advanced computer skills, and knowledge and expertise in Microsoft Office and HRIS systems
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills (written, verbal and presentation)
- Broad experience in policy and legislation interpretation, customer service, problem solving and conflict resolution skills
- Demonstrates discretion, confidentiality, sound judgment and sensitivity in dealing with internal/external communities
- Demonstrated WSIB and/or JHSC experience is an asset
- CHRP designation is an asset
Attributes & Competencies:
- Self-starter with a high degree of initiative
- Great interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and learn new processes quickly
- Organizational skills and attention to detail are a must
- Analytical with the ability to organize tasks and establish priorities
- Superb persuasion and communication skills (verbal and written)
Diversity, Inclusion, and Equal Opportunity Employment
At goeasy, we believe that we can only be the best when people are able to bring their best selves to work every day. This means that we are committed to cultivating and preserving a work culture where we celebrate who we are, where everyone feels seen and heard and where every employee can fulfill their potential. As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to providing accommodations for applicants upon request at any stage of the recruitment process in accordance with all legislative requirements throughout Canada. Please let us know if you require an accommodation during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.
All candidates considered for hire must successfully pass a criminal background check, credit check, and validation of their work experience to qualify for hire. We thank all interested applicants, however we will only be contacting those for interview who possess the skills and qualifications outlined above.
Why should you work for goeasy?
To learn more about our great company please click the links below: