Manager, Accounts Payable
If you are looking to join one of Canada’s fastest-growing companies, goeasy Ltd. is the place for you! Recognized as Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures, GTA's Top 100 Employers, one of Canada’s Top 50 Fintech’s and North America’s Most Engaged Workplaces, we want the best and brightest to join our team.
We are a publicly-traded company on the TSX with over 4000% shareholder return since 2001, goeasy operates two main business units. Accredited by the Better Business Bureau, easyfinancial is our consumer lending business that offers secured and unsecured installment loans of up to $75,000 and easyhome is Canada’s largest merchandise lease-to-own company. It is our vision to provide everyday Canadians the path for a better tomorrow, today by giving them access to the credit they need and by offering them a second chance when they have been turned down by banks and traditional lenders. With a retail network of nearly 400 locations across Canada and over 2000 employees, we are able to build lasting relationships with our customers as we help them rebuild their credit and graduate towards prime rates and a brighter financial future.
goeasy is seeking a talented and hands-on Manager, Accounts Payable to lead a team in a highly dynamic & fast paced environment.
- Responsible for managing the accounts payable department of a multi-entity, multi-currency public company to ensure payments are processed accurately and in accordance with corporate policies and procedures
- Lead, supervise and work with a team of 10+ individuals, provide daily training and guidance
- Plan and organize workflows to ensure all deadlines are met and backlogs are cleared
- Identify opportunities to improve efficiency through automation and process re-engineering
- Maintain and monitor internal control procedures to ensure accuracy and timeliness of processing of invoices
- Responsible for managing cut-off procedures at month and year ends
- Prepare journal entries for period-end closings
- Review, reconcile and process expense reports for communication to Payroll within specified timelines
- Audit vendor accounts including the application of appropriate sales taxes
- Month end reconciliation of balance sheet accounts
- Maintain Internal control documentation for Bill 198 compliance
- Work with vendors and external auditors, as required
- Answer queries, rectify issues, process adjustments to accounting system, as required
- Develop ‘Best Practices’ within the department, and create workflow processes and task manuals in order to drive consistent and effective policies and procedures across the organization
- Completion of special requests as they arise
Qualifications & Experience:
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Accounts Payable related roles with 3+ years in a management/supervisory position
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Understanding of Accounting principles (GAAP)
- High level of quality/accuracy in work, detail oriented and requires a low level of supervision
- Able to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Ability to make decisions independently
- Capable of managing multiple tasks at once and prioritizing work
- Ability to create a sense of urgency in work and react quickly and appropriately to problems
- Ability to professionally interact with all levels of Management and across departments
- High level of computer literacy, Intermediate to Advanced skill level with MicroSoft Dynamics 365, Excel and other Microsoft Office Applications
- Experience with MicroSoft Dynamics 365, AccPac and RSSS would be an asset, however not required
- Experience working in an environment that encompasses internal Service Level Agreements
- Experience with Six Sigma/Lean Manager theories is an asset
Diversity, Inclusion, and Equal Opportunity Employment
At goeasy, we believe that we can only be the best when people are able to bring their best selves to work every day. This means that we are committed to cultivating and preserving a work culture where we celebrate who we are, where everyone feels seen and heard and where every employee can fulfill their potential. As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to providing accommodations for applicants upon request at any stage of the recruitment process in accordance with all legislative requirements throughout Canada. Please let us know if you require an accommodation during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.
Additional Information: All candidates considered for hire must successfully pass a criminal background check, credit check, and validation of their work experience to qualify for hire.
We thank all interested applicants; however, we will only be contacting those for interview who possess the skills and qualifications outlined above.
Why should you work for goeasy?
To learn more about our great company please click the links below: