Bilingual Collections Agent
Employment Type: Full-Time
Get ready to goeasy! goeasy Ltd. is one of Canada’s fastest growing and exciting businesses. We operate two lines of business including easyhome which is the largest merchandise lease to own company in Canada offering top quality, brand name household furnishings, appliances and home electronics to consumers under weekly or monthly leasing agreements. Under our easyfinancial banner, we are a leading provider of financial products and services, including unsecured consumer loans and credit repair products that cater to underserved Canadians that do not have access to products and services from traditional financial institutions. Collectively operating under the goeasy Ltd. umbrella, the organization is publicly traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange with revenue of approximately $300 million per year, over 300 retail locations across Canada and 1600 employees.
As a Collection Agent, you will:
- Provide excellent service and ensure exceptional execution results in the collection of our financial loans
- Conduct collections calls for all past due accounts
- Contact past due customers by phone, request payment & negotiate appropriate payment arrangements, within authorized limits; Send correspondence to delinquent/collection customers
- Use defined procedures to arrange and coordinate firm payment arrangements within established risk policy for our collection customers; Assess and mitigate risk by referring accounts for further action
- Document call activity details in Collections system to reflect action taken; Update customer account information with e.g. commitments to pay, amounts & dates, collection call updates
- Apply tact, diplomacy & resourcefulness; Handle objections & excuses, apply soft calling techniques, where appropriate, to effectively manage & control situations
- Perform to regulatory standards and best practice on collections
- Achieve individual collection targets, in order to meet Department and Company goals;
- Maintain and submit reports for review by collection management
- Communicate with team members across our national branch network (customer service, sales, loan underwriting, collections)
- Complete other collection responsibilities, as assigned
What you need to work with us:
- At least 1 year of prior experience in at least one of the following core areas: call centre, customer service, collections, payday or consumer loan industry
- Excellent oral and written communication skills for consistent collection calls (English & French)
- Good math skills with the ability to perform basic calculations quickly
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Good understanding of Microsoft Excel and Outlook
- Strong computer operating skills
- Ability to adapt in a fast-paced environment
- Desire to learn and further your career
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
goeasy is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, goeasy is committed to providing accommodations for applicants upon request at any stage of the recruitment process in accordance with all legislative requirements throughout Canada. Please let us know if you require an accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.
All candidates considered for hire must successfully pass a criminal background check, credit check, and validation of their work experience to qualify for hire. Candidates must provide schedule flexibility to ensure that the location’s hours can be covered to meet our customer’s needs – details by location will be discussed in the interview process.
We thank all interested applicants, however we will only be contacting those for interview who possess the skills and qualifications outlined above.
Internally known as: Collection Specialist
Why should you work for goeasy?
To learn more about our great company please click the links below: