Director, Technology Infrastructure
Employment Type: Full-Time
If you are looking to join one of Canada’s fastest growing companies, goeasy Ltd. is the place for you! Recognized as one of the Top 30 Performing Stocks on the TSX, Canada’s Top Growing Companies, Most Admired Corporate Cultures, Top 50 Fintech’s, and one of North America’s Most Engaged Workplaces, we want the best and brightest to join our team.
We are a publicly traded company on the TSX with over 4000% shareholder return since 2001, goeasy operates two main business units. easyfinancial is our consumer lending business that offers secured and unsecured installment loans of up to $35,000 and easyhome is Canada’s largest merchandise lease-to-own company. It is our vision to provide everyday Canadians the path for a better tomorrow, today by giving them access to the credit they need and by offering them a second chance when they have been turned down by banks and traditional lenders. With a retail network of nearly 400 locations across Canada and over 1900 employees, we are able to build lasting relationships with our customers as we help them rebuild their credit and graduate towards prime rates and a brighter financial future.
The Director of Technology Infrastructure will be a true business partner. This individual will evolve their teams to an agile, capable and proactive IT service organization that is focused on creating the best customer experience and achieving the highest level of customer satisfaction. They will participate in mapping a clear information technology delivery strategy consisting of a vision and execution plan for goeasy. The ideal candidate is a results-oriented, highly accountable, and business savvy IT leader with a high sense of urgency and a commitment to resolution. They will lead a team of and highly skilled professionals as well as resources assigned by third party partners. To achieve this, the successful candidate will have an impeccable track record of developing and implementing strategy, improving team performance, and achieving results by building a responsive and accountable team, creating and nurturing an innovative and nimble service culture, and leveraging a deep understanding of IT and the business they serve in order to bring to life new capabilities.
Responsibilities (not limited to):
- Create and execute a plan to build a best of breed Technology Infrastructure Services organization
- Responsible for driving and executing the technology infrastructure roadmap while ensuring full integration with the overall IT and business strategic plans.
- Lead the evaluation of existing processes and initiate change to a future state structure where required
- Lead goeasy in the achievement of a more effective and cost beneficial enterprise-wide IT operation including best in class help desk operation and systems and network availability..
- Work with HR and IT leadership teams to develop a service oriented people strategy that aligns with the business and IT strategy. Continually look for leading-edge and innovative solutions to the recruitment, development and retention of the technology workforce.
- Develop and control the annual operating and capital expenditure budget for IT infrastructure and people
- Oversee management of the daily operations and staff of all IT business systems (both hardware and software)
- Responsible for building and managing vendor relationships to achieve win/win situations and get best results in delivery
- Work with the technology leadership team to elevate governance within the organization, especially around Incident and Change Management.
- Oversee facilities and hardware installation, operation, and maintenance of servers, networks (both LAN and WAN), routers, end user computing, peripherals, backup systems, all data communications between multiple sites, and all voice communications. This includes managing external IT providers/vendors.
- University degree in engineering, computer science, information or related discipline (or equivalent) is required.
- 6-8 (or more) years of progressively responsible leadership and technology experience ideally in either financial services, a progressive multi-unit retailer, or a related industry.
- Demonstrated leadership in developing and managing IT delivery and execution in a complex, fast paced and dynamic environment during times of significant growth and change.
- A demonstrated track record of delivering “breakthrough” IT capability, thinking and results, and works on the assumption that innovation is about not only giving people the autonomy to act but also in having the right processes and comfort with risk-taking.
- Solid understanding of current trends in IT, security and risk management best practices, regulatory compliance, collaboration, etc.
- Expertise in cloud technology and infrastructure as a service.
- Expert is building up Change Management and Incident Management practices to achieve the highest level of system up time possible.
- Demonstrated expertise with ITIL process, SAS 70, ISO 27001, high availability systems.
- Understanding of data processing methods, computer software systems and business operations and network and system build-out required.
- Able to skillfully negotiate internally and externally with senior stakeholders to secure the right outcomes for the IT organization.
- Demonstrated ability to build consensus and successfully manage and resolve contentious issues and conflicts.
- Accomplished strategic thinker with superior communication skills and problem solving abilities; able to communicate as an executive business leader and as a technology leader.
- Flexible, adaptable and resilient; will adapt approach as situations change in a fast paced and competitive environment.
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
goeasy is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, goeasy is committed to providing accommodations for applicants upon request at any stage of the recruitment process in accordance with all legislative requirements throughout Canada. Please let us know if you require an accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.
All candidates considered for hire must successfully pass a criminal background check, credit check, and validation of their work experience to qualify for hire.
We thank all interested applicants, however we will only be contacting those for interview who possess the skills and qualifications outlined above.
Why should you work for goeasy?
To learn more about our great company please click the links below: