Vice President, Corporate Development and Strategy
Employment Type: Full-Time
If you are looking to join one of Canada’s fastest growing companies, goeasy Ltd. is the place for you! Recognized as one of the Top 30 Performing Stocks on the TSX, Canada’s Top Growing Companies, Most Admired Corporate Cultures, Top 50 Fintech’s, and one of North America’s Most Engaged Workplaces, we want the best and brightest to join our team.
We are a publicly traded company on the TSX with over 4000% shareholder return since 2001, goeasy operates two main business units. easyfinancial is our consumer lending business that offers secured and unsecured installment loans of up to $35,000 and easyhome is Canada’s largest merchandise lease-to-own company. It is our vision to provide everyday Canadians the path for a better tomorrow, today by giving them access to the credit they need and by offering them a second chance when they have been turned down by banks and traditional lenders. With a retail network of nearly 400 locations across Canada and over 1900 employees, we are able to build lasting relationships with our customers as we help them rebuild their credit and graduate towards prime rates and a brighter financial future.
The Vice President of Corporate Development and Strategy is a multi-dimensional new position, reporting to the CFO, with responsibilities spanning across business functions. The role is responsible for driving growth by creating, assessing and managing business opportunities including, but not limited to acquisitions, mergers, joint ventures and partnerships, and will have a hand in major capital projects. Additionally, they will be called upon to support in an ad hoc advisory and consulting capacity. This senior leader will be responsible for working across the Executive Team, and with other relevant functional leads, on developing and assessing the company’s key strategic priorities. They will achieve this by expertly researching key competitive themes and trends, identifying opportunities and solutions, and preparing/synthesizing recommendations to enhance the company’s strategic plan. A natural “Analyst”, the VP of Corporate Development will possess a solid understanding of capital markets, business casing and how to weave opportunities into the company’s already ambitious Business Plan.
Responsibilities (not limited to):
- Quarterback the corporate strategic planning process – providing thought leadership, quantitative and qualitative analysis, recommendations, and materials preparation with the support of the Project Delivery Office and members of Finance
- Manage the Strategic Plan throughout the year – once baked, keep a constant eye on the health of company performance to the Plan as initiatives are completed, swapped or injected
- Support key strategic priorities and projects in partnership with the CEO and CFO, and working with other functions and stakeholders as required
- Develop the Business Case methodology – establish a standardized way for leadership to test new business initiatives that are candidate projects or programs including but not limited to: scorecard/benchmarking of initiatives, assessing project prioritization, and evaluating risk assessments
- Negotiate – during prospective deals and on contracts for major projects while working closely with multiple internal cross-functional areas, as well as external business partners
- Engage cross-functionally and be an analytical resource to the rest of the business
- Engage with Investors – manage existing and prospective relationships in coordination with the CFO and CEO
- Support synthesis of materials for presentations (e.g., to the CEO, the Board, Investors, etc.)
- Work with senior leaders to establish a comprehensive strategic roadmap and implement short and long-term objectives and initiatives to drive business results, and to provide fact-based thought leadership on key strategic and financial decisions
- Along with the leadership team devise strategic initiatives to assist in the development of growth, product diversification, and business reengineering initiatives in order to accomplish business goals.
- Responsible for overseeing the finance business case process, investment analysis, analytics, scorecard/benchmarking of initiatives, cash flow modeling, and evaluating return. This analysis is used to prioritize initiatives, evaluate resource needs based upon a strategic business assessment.
- Business Development - by driving business growth through development of new partnerships, organic expansion, and by acquisition while representing the organization during any part of the proposal process
- Identify trends in the marketplace and monitor competitive landscape to determine impact to the organizations product roadmap and uncover opportunities for innovation and growth
- Prepare and manage capital budget for new products, services and enhancements
- Plan, organize, and supervise the work related to any new initiative, assess progress, analyze results obtained, and recommend adjustments as required to achieve the stated objectives of the opportunity
- 7-10 years of work experience acquired (ideally) at a top-tier consulting firm and/or in an internal strategy department for a high growth organization
- Undergraduate degree with a focus in Finance or Commerce; attainment of a MBA, CFA, CBV or CPA, or a combination of the preceding, is desirable
- A successful track record in evaluating business and/or major capital initiatives that have had a high impact on a high growth company; Financial Services experience is preferred
- Proven ability to analyze, evaluate and make recommendations on strategic questions
Knowledge, Skills and Attributes:
- Strategic – can understand ‘the big picture’ and exercise good business judgment
- Problem solver – can structure, break down, and solve complex business issues
- Analytical – can analyze and draw conclusions from large and/or complex data sources (both qualitative and quantitative data sets)
- Financial acumen – understands financial analysis/working knowledge of financial statements
- Communicator – can synthesize ideas and thinking for sharing with others
- Self-directed – can manage his/her own work in a fast-changing environment
- Collaborative – able to partner with other functions/business leaders on complex problems and business issues
- Intellectually curious – has a passion for business and enjoys solving problems
- Action-oriented – enjoys translating recommendations into actions
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
goeasy is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, goeasy is committed to providing accommodations for applicants upon request at any stage of the recruitment process in accordance with all legislative requirements throughout Canada. Please let us know if you require an accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.
All candidates considered for hire must successfully pass a criminal background check, credit check, and validation of their work experience to qualify for hire.
We thank all interested applicants, however we will only be contacting those for interview who possess the skills and qualifications outlined above.
Why should you work for goeasy?
To learn more about our great company please click the links below: