Senior Manager, Risk and Analytics (Credit Risk)
Employment Type: Full-Time
If you are looking to join one of Canada’s fastest growing companies, goeasy Ltd. is the place for you! Recognized as one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures in 2018, one of Canada’s Top 50 Fintech’s and one of North America’s Most Engaged Workplaces, we want the best and brightest to join our team.
We are a publicly traded company on the TSX with over 4000% shareholder return since 2001, goeasy operates two main business units. easyfinancial is our consumer lending business that offers secured and unsecured installment loans of up to $35,000 and easyhome is Canada’s largest merchandise lease-to-own company. It is our vision to provide everyday Canadians a path for a better tomorrow, today by giving them access to the credit they need and by offering them a second chance when they have been turned down by banks and traditional lenders. With a retail network of nearly 400 locations across Canada and over 1900 employees, we are able to build lasting relationships with our customers as we help them rebuild their credit and graduate towards prime rates and a brighter financial future.
We are seeking an upbeat Senior Manager, Risk and Analytics who is passionate about joining a winning team and growing their career! Your role is part of a collaborative risk and analytics team and you will work in partnership with executives and management who lead the different areas of our business that support our continued growth.
Data Mining, Modeling, and Analysis
- You will identify, evaluate, review and implement credit policy and underwriting changes that are aligned with the risk appetite established by Senior Management and approved by the Board
- By identifying, assessing, and monitoring credit risk trends, you will communicate adherence to authorized risk tolerance parameters and support Senior Management decision-making
- Using deep analytical expertise, you will be able to properly diagnose, document and report drivers of unexpected changes to portfolio/origination composition and credit performance. Your superior communication skills will shine as you communicate your findings including future impacts to losses and proposed recommendations to Senior Management as required.
- Analyze and make recommendations to improve credit risk decisions and underwriting strategies, along with improvements to existing reports, processes and procedures.
- Contribute to the development of a robust data infrastructure for model development and analytics. Create meaningful analysis leading to credit strategy optimization, including but not limited to customer risk segmentation development that improves the portfolio’s risk-reward profile. Apply expertise and knowledge of financial services to understand profitability and performance drivers and build programs to optimize net financial contribution.
Forecasting and Reporting
- Build and maintain a standard set of risk and performance reports that evaluate the overall credit risk of the portfolio.
- Monitor and maintain a comprehensive set of reports to identify delinquency and charge off trends at the vintage and segment levels. Apply observations to loss forecasting models to capture current trends and communicate to Senior Management to identify risks and opportunities to the forecast.
- Oversee and conduct sensitivity and scenario analyses to understand the impact of exogenous factors, policy and operational changes on delinquency and charge off levels.
- You have 4-6 years of progressively responsible roles in retail and/or financial services credit risk management and analytics coupled with a degree in statistics, math or a related discipline (advanced degree is desired).
- You will have sound knowledge of credit risk/portfolio management procedures and principles and knowledge and practical application of data mining and statistical principles involved in model development.
- Your analytical skills and communication skills will be top-notch coupled with a proven ability to understand complex problems, detect trends, and understand data to develop and formulate solutions.
- Previous experience in a management or supervisory capacity leading a team of analysts with a proven ability to form relationships
- Demonstrated experience in identifying, quantifying, managing, and implementing changes to credit risk decisions and underwriting strategies, policies and procedures through the use and application of analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong technical knowledge of statistical analysis, modeling techniques and their application in a retail credit risk environment.
- Possess deep understanding of data extraction/mining/modeling tools including SAS and SQL.
- Flexibility to adapt to an evolving environment with shifting priorities. Ability to lead a team in such a setting with the capacity to handle multiple contending demands and meet tight turnaround timelines.
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
goeasy is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, goeasy is committed to providing accommodations for applicants upon request at any stage of the recruitment process in accordance with all legislative requirements throughout Canada. Please let us know if you require an accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.
All candidates considered for hire must successfully pass a criminal background check, credit check, and validation of their work experience to qualify for hire. We thank all interested applicants, however we will only be contacting those for interview who possess the skills and qualifications outlined above.
Why should you work for goeasy?
To learn more about our great company please click the links below: