Product Manager (Financial Services)
If you are looking to join one of Canada’s fastest growing companies, goeasy Ltd. is the place for you! Recognized as one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures in 2018, one of Canada’s Top 50 Fintech’s and one of North America’s Most Engaged Workplaces, we want the best and brightest to join our team.
We are a publicly traded company on the TSX with over 4000% shareholder return since 2001, goeasy operates two main business units. easyfinancial is our consumer lending business that offers secured and unsecured installment loans of up to $35,000 and easyhome is Canada’s largest merchandise lease-to-own company. It is our mission to provide everyday Canadians the chance for a better tomorrow, today by giving them access to the credit they need and by offering them a second chance when they have been turned down by banks and traditional lenders. With a retail network of nearly 400 locations across Canada and over 1900 employees, we are able to build lasting relationships with our customers as we help them rebuild their credit and graduate towards prime rates and a brighter financial future.
Reporting directly to the Vice President, Customer Experience, the Product Manager (Core Financial and Ancillary Products) will be responsible for the day to day oversight of product performance and will contribute to the innovation and improvement roadmap for all core financial and ancillary products. This new role will appeal to a thoughtful, customer centric, action-oriented individual who thrives in a fast-paced, demanding, high-growth environment and who can balance near term improvements with longer term transformation. He/she will recognize this role represents a unique opportunity to help define how we manage and innovate the Product portfolio at goeasy. They will build on past successes and directly impact the continued growth of a true Canadian success story.
- Work with VP, Experience & Product and cross functional stakeholders to design and implement the Product Development and Introduction process that will ensure new products and features are aligned to market needs, brought to market quickly and with a high degree of quality
- Be the key Subject Matter Expert on assigned Financial and Ancillary products, with a specific focus on understanding features, benefits and pricing relative to both our key competitors and to market needs and relevance / value to existing customers.
- Develop and maintain a frontline feedback channel to ensure the voice of the employee, relative to product knowledge, gaps and opportunities, can be heard and actioned.
- Work with cross functional stakeholders to review existing product metrics and budgets; refine or redesign to optimize as necessary. Engage with the Data Science and Business Insights to build / enhance product reporting as needed.
- Actively review product results across business lines (internal and third party), relative to channel specific budgets, and provide recommendations or develop action plans to drive performance (in collaboration with cross functional stakeholders).
- Actively participate in annual pricing review process (to be defined) as it relates to rates, fees and charges for all core and ancillary products.
- Manage competitive scans of products and services from competitors including prime and non-prime financial institutions, fintechs, and indirect players (i.e. pay advance companies); leverage insights for real time action planning and product innovation roadmap.
- Supported by cross functional SMEs, create and maintain product overview documentation, legal documentation and consumer facing communications to ensure all new and existing product specifications are up to date, aligned to brand standards and compliant with all relevant regulatory, legal and vendor requirements.
- Support the relationship management responsibilities with vendors to ensure strong working relationships, visibility to provider roadmaps and the ability to influence inclusions and priorities.
- Assist in the development of new lending and ancillary products in response to fact-based consumer demands and market trends. Work collaboratively throughout the organization to design, evaluate, establish business requirements and develop marketing approach for product launch (incl. Sales, Underwriting, Operations, Credit, Compliance, IT, Service groups).
- Execute the vision for our products and user experiences, collaboratively and cross functionally, which open a world of possibilities for Non-prime Canadian consumers
- Facilitate internal and external stakeholders, and integrate competitive information and strategy to determine short and long term priorities and features
- 3-5 years of product management or support in a high volume B2C environment (e.g. financial services, retail, telecommunications). Experience could include areas such as customer service, operations, product design and development, and/or strategy.
- Experience developing and driving key customer experience metrics. Familiar with concepts and implementation of customer experience mapping, blueprint creation and action-planning to facilitate cross functional implementation.
- Experience selling mortgages, personal loans, lines of credit, and HELOC's and creditor insurance products is an asset.
- Ability to influence others when there is no direct line of authority
- Senior level project management experience overseeing complex product, infrastructure or process related change (e.g. Transformation initiatives). Experience in both waterfall and agile environments is ideal.
- A Bachelor's degree in business or related discipline is a strong asset
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
goeasy is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, goeasy is committed to providing accommodations for applicants upon request at any stage of the recruitment process in accordance with all legislative requirements throughout Canada. Please let us know if you require an accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.
All candidates considered for hire must successfully pass a criminal background check, credit check, and validation of their work experience to qualify for hire. We thank all interested applicants, however we will only be contacting those for interview who possess the skills and qualifications outlined above.
Why should you work for goeasy?
To learn more about our great company please click the links below: