Financial Service Representative
Gander, Newfoundland & Labrador
easyhome is the largest merchandise lease-to-own company in Canada. With over 160 locations from coast to coast, we offer top quality, brand name household furnishings, appliances and home electronics to consumers on convenient weekly or monthly leasing agreements.
Working at goeasy during COVID-19:
We are committed to the health and safety of our current and potential employees. Here are some of the things we have done to stay ahead and continue our operations during this pandemic:
- Adoption of best practices and protocols to ensure a safe interview and onboarding experience
- Continuing to serve our customers through our phone and digital channels
- Mandatory social distancing in all of our locations
- Maximum person limit in our branches and stores
- Rigorous hygiene practices in all branch and store locations
- Free virtual healthcare access for all permanent employees
- Continued partnerships and donations to foundations & causes we care about ie. Boys and Girls Club of Canada
So what will you do as a Financial Service Representative?
- Create superior customer sales experiences by engaging, listening and understanding the financial needs of potential customers and matching their needs to our lending solutions in a pleasurable sales environment
- Demonstrating compassion and empathy toward customers to be able to hear their story and help with the most appropriate sale of our financial services based on individual needs
- Welcome and engage customers visiting your store location or by actively prospecting new clients through a combination marketing and outbound sales call activity with a view to achieving and exceeding store sales targets
- Capitalize on financial cross-sales and add-on products by paying attention to customer needs to specifically pinpoint sales opportunities while transparently and openly communicating the terms and conditions of our financial products
- Review and evaluate online financial loan applications, assess the applicants’ credit worthiness, perform financial analysis, and other risk assessments to maximize quality of the sale and limit future collection items
- Manage collections activities for all past due financial accounts, maintaining an impeccable level of service
- Accurately secure all required information to fulfill customer applications for products and maintain information and records to limit errors
What we are looking for:
- A minimum of 1 year of experience in a customer-facing targeted sales environment; experience in either consumer finance or pay day loan industries is strongly preferred
- Secondary school diploma is required; post-secondary education with a background in Business or a Finance is preferred
- People Oriented, Enterprising and an excellent communicator with the ability to create memorable customer experiences for every financial sale
- Proficient with PCs, Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, and Outlook), strong keyboarding skills and an ability to learn and master new software programs
- Ability to multi-task, adapt to change in a fast-paced sales environment
- Achievement and results oriented with a positive attitude to drive sales and increase customer satisfaction
- Empathetic, compassionate and operate with integrity with every sale – really care for our customers!
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
goeasy is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, goeasy is committed to providing accommodations for applicants upon request at any stage of the recruitment process in accordance with all legislative requirements throughout Canada. Please let us know if you require an accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.
All candidates considered for hire must successfully pass a criminal background check, credit check, and validation of their work experience to qualify for hire. Candidates must provide schedule flexibility to ensure that the location’s hours can be covered to meet our customer’s needs – details by location will be discussed in the interview process.
We thank all interested applicants, however we will only be contacting those for interview who possess the skills and qualifications outlined above.
Why should you work for goeasy?
To learn more about our great company please click the links below: