Regional Manager - NFLD
St. John's, Newfoundland & Labrador
Posted On: January 05, 2021
Regional Manager - Newfoundland
If you are looking to join one of Canada’s fastest-growing companies, goeasy Ltd. is the place for you! Recognized as Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures, GTA's Top 100 Employers, one of Canada’s Top 50 Fintech’s and North America’s Most Engaged Workplaces, we want the best and brightest to join our team.
We are a publicly-traded company on the TSX with over 4000% shareholder return since 2001. easyfinancial is our consumer lending business that offers secured and unsecured installment loans of up to $45,000. It is our vision to provide everyday Canadians the path for a better tomorrow, today by giving them access to the credit they need and by offering them a second chance when they have been turned down by banks and traditional lenders. With a retail network of nearly 400 locations across Canada and over 1900 employees, we are able to build lasting relationships with our customers as we help them rebuild their credit and graduate towards prime rates and a brighter financial future. We strive to deliver high-quality service and great customer experiences, all while making financial services more accessible. We pride ourselves on our commitment to our employees; competitive salaries, incentive plans, benefits and unlimited advancement opportunities. If you excel in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment with dynamic and challenging results-driven work, your career possibilities at easyfinancial services are endless.
Reporting to the Divisional Vice President, as Regional Manager, you will be responsible for providing leadership, direction and support to all easyfinancial branches within your portfolio. The incumbent for this position will plan, implement and drive operations to ensure consistent growth in results and brand for easyfinancial. This multi-faceted leadership role contributes to the bottom line by owning the hiring, development and retention of talent and managing the broader team’s performance through expert management practice.
As Regional Manager you will:
- Coach your team to create exceptional customer experiences by having team members engage, listen and understand the needs of potential customers for sales and match their needs to our financial lending solutions; demonstrating compassion and empathy toward customers to be able to hear their story and help
- Ensure that the goeasy brand promise is delivered by each location by knowing and implementing your business objectives, sales strategies, and ensuring ongoing sales and collection performance
- Build, manage and develop an effective and high-performing talent network within your region – this is the way you grow your loan book!
- Lead the interviewing, hiring, and training of sales employees and the planning, assigning, and directing of work; appraising performance
- Oversee new business development and develop site by site strategies to meet sales goals and be accountable for a strong collections practice within the region
- Regional Managers are accountable for the day-to-day operations of multiple locations within the Region and maintaining a voice with centralized leadership in the organization
- Maintain frequent visibility and provide leadership to each store location and audit (both formally and informally) to ensure best practices are occurring for every sale
- Provide strategic and operational planning input for the regional operations, and report progress and sales results
- Oversee change management and implementation of new sales products, programs and operational procedures
What’s in it for you as a Regional Manager?
- Competitive base pay
- Lucrative bonus structure (Monthly and Quarterly)
- Allowance for vehicle mileage and other business resources
- Annual all-inclusive trips (ie. conference and top performers trip)
- Employee Purchase Plan for retail products
- A culture that promotes ownership of your portfolio
What you need to work with us:
- 3+ years of experience in a leadership capacity managing a multi-site operation (district or regional manager)
- 3-5 years in a customer-facing targeted sales environment is a must; experience in either the consumer loan/personal finance or loan industries is strongly preferred
- Exceptional sales management acumen with the ability to achieve consistent results through others
- Solid negotiation and conflict resolution skills with an innate ability to remain calm and focused in difficult situations
- Demonstrated financial acumen to manage a P&L system with many levers; an ability to see business drivers and exercise sound judgment and decision-making
- Be empathetic, compassionate and operate with integrity – really care for customers!
- Oriented as a decisive and hands-on leader with the ability to influence at all levels in an organization
- Perform well under regular pressure to meet deadlines, quotas and/or must frequently deal with difficult issues related to process
- Ability to multi-task, adapt to change in a fast-paced environment and to work independently (self-motivated)
Cities covered in this territory today include St John's, Conception Bay, Gander, Carbonear, Cornerbrook, Stephenville, Clarenville, Grand Falls and Marystown. It would be mandatory for the successful candidate to be based out of St John's, Newfoundland to meet the travel requirements for this role. This role involves frequent travel from location to location within the assigned region and on occasion to the corporate head office in Ontario ad other business centers. A valid provincial driver’s license and your own vehicle is required. All candidates considered for hire must successfully pass credit, criminal and reference background checks. Candidates must be comfortable to provide schedule flexibility to meet the demands of the business.
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
goeasy is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, goeasy is committed to providing accommodations for applicants upon request at any stage of the recruitment process in accordance with all legislative requirements throughout Canada. Please let us know if you require an accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.
All candidates considered for hire must successfully pass a criminal background check, credit check, and validation of their work experience to qualify for hire. We thank all interested applicants, however we will only be contacting those for interview who possess the skills and qualifications outlined above.
Why should you work for goeasy?
To learn more about our great company please click the links below: