Vice President, Communications & Public Affairs
If you are looking to join one of Canada’s fastest growing companies, goeasy Ltd. is the place for you! Recognized as Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures, GTA's Top 100 Employers, one of Canada’s Top 50 Fintech’s and North America’s Most Engaged Workplaces, we want the best and brightest to join our team.
We are a publicly traded company on the TSX with over 4000% shareholder return since 2001, goeasy operates two main business units. Accredited by the Better Business Bureau, easyfinancial is our consumer lending business that offers secured and unsecured installment loans of up to $45,000 and easyhome is Canada’s largest merchandise lease-to-own company. It is our vision to provide everyday Canadians the path for a better tomorrow, today by giving them access to the credit they need and by offering them a second chance when they have been turned down by banks and traditional lenders. With a retail network of nearly 400 locations across Canada and over 1900 employees, we are able to build lasting relationships with our customers as we help them rebuild their credit and graduate towards prime rates and a brighter financial future.
Reporting into the Chief Marketing Officer, the Vice President of Communications & Public Affairs has a passion for the customer and building great brands through effective communications strategies. You have an entrepreneurial spirit and the idea of building a core function at an innovative and high growth company excites you. You have a proven track record of improving brand reputation to enhance customer experience and drive growth, and love working collaboratively internally and externally to continually build on the success of goeasy’s story.
Responsibilities include all internal communications broadcast to 2000+ employees across Canada for both our easyhome and easyfinancial business units. In addition, this individual will drive and manage all external communications including PR and Investor Relations to leverage our earned communication channels to support our brand message to both the public and investor community. Lastly, this mandate includes management and execution of our Corporate and Social Responsibility initiatives including nurturing our longstanding partnerships with organizations such as the Boys and Girls Clubs of Canada and Habitat for Humanity and finding new and innovative ways to grow our impact in our local communities.
- Develop and own the long-term strategy for internal communications including content, distribution and technology requirements
- Own and manage the execution of all business communications to our field staff, support center and call center teams, in both French and English, with engaging content that motivates enhanced performance
- Create fully integrated PR campaigns that support our corporate narrative and brand initiatives
- Nurture and develop relationships with key media outlets to further promote the goeasy story targeted at a variety of stakeholders including the general public, advocacy groups, shareholders and investors
- Own our key messages and overarching tone and voice for communications across all external channels
- Draft key communication materials including press releases, media pitches, executive speaking notes, and a variety of investor communications collateral including quarterly call scripts and annual reports
- Support the growing government relations mandate in partnership with the Executive sponsor
- Act as the key media contact for customer, brand, product, issues management and community initiatives
- Oversee regular media monitoring and develop key insights and competitive analysis of the alternative lending space and broader financial services landscape including fintech both locally and internationally
- Develop KPI’s and dashboards to monitor, measure and assess the effectiveness of all internal and external communications programs
- Manage CSR initiatives, including storytelling, partner engagement, employee volunteer engagement, the organization of events, development of communications materials and integration into existing corporate channels and materials
- Develop and own our content marketing strategy including the evolution of our financial literacy platform
- Lead and manage an existing team of two communications professional with the ability to scale resources as the channel grows and evolvesWork collaboratively with key agency partners to help support our efforts
- Undergraduate degree in Communications, English or a related field. MBA is preferred
- 7-10 years in a leadership capacity in communications or media role/environment supporting and leading corporate and external communications
- Experience developing communications strategies and initiatives to create innovative programs for a variety of stakeholders
- Excellent writing skills and experience writing for a range of audiences as well as strong attention to detail, editing and proofreading abilities
- Experience with media relations, managing external facing stakeholders and advocacy groups or government stakeholders within regulated industries
- Entrepreneurial and disruptive in your ability to think about problems, challenge the status quo and a willingness to take calculated risks in order to support the brand and customer voice
- Strong business acumen and ability to clearly and succinctly communicate financial objectives and key messaging to experienced investors
- Ability to work closely with multiple senior executives to help manage and move forward their communications agendas
- Thrives in a dynamic environment that is fast paced, has multiple priorities and loves the challenge of a high growth business
- The ability to shift priorities quickly, manage tight timelines and be relentless in your desire to get the job done with a group of people that care A LOT about what we are doing
- The desire to be a part of something bigger than yourself by joining an organization with a purpose and mission to help the over 9.2 million non-prime Canadians consumers that are looking for a second chance and a better financial future
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
goeasy is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, goeasy is committed to providing accommodations for applicants upon request at any stage of the recruitment process in accordance with all legislative requirements throughout Canada. Please let us know if you require an accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.
All candidates considered for hire must successfully pass a criminal background check, credit check, and validation of their work experience to qualify for hire.
We thank all interested applicants, however we will only be contacting those for interview who possess the skills and qualifications outlined above.
Why should you work for goeasy?
To learn more about our great company please click the links below: