Director, Human Resources
Posted On: January 08, 2021
If you are looking to join one of Canada’s fastest growing companies, goeasy Ltd. is the place for you! Recognized as Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures, GTA's Top 100 Employers, one of Canada’s Top 50 Fintech’s and North America’s Most Engaged Workplaces, we want the best and brightest to join our team.
We are a publicly traded company on the TSX with over 4000% shareholder return since 2001, goeasy operates two main business units. easyfinancial is our consumer lending business that offers secured and unsecured installment loans of up to $45,000 and easyhome is Canada’s largest merchandise lease-to-own company. It is our vision to provide everyday Canadians the path for a better tomorrow, today by giving them access to the credit they need and by offering them a second chance when they have been turned down by banks and traditional lenders. With a retail network of nearly 400 locations across Canada and over 2000 employees, we are able to build lasting relationships with our customers as we help them rebuild their credit and graduate towards prime rates and a brighter financial future.
Reporting into the Vice President, Talent & Rewards and as part of the HR Senior Leadership Team, the Director of Human Resources is an exciting & newly created role that will provide leadership to the HR Business Partner and Employee Relations practice at goeasy. The successful candidate will have an entrepreneurial spirit & a high passion for people and is eager to lead an innovative, fast-paced, influential team who are obsessive about supporting our 2000+ employees across our different retail business units, head office and contact centre. This individual will act as a key consultant to the business, guiding strategic and day to day people outcomes and look after the health of our talent management practice. Acting as an internal consultant and business partner, the Director, Human Resources will collaborate with Senior Leaders to proactively educate, promote and develop a highly positive and engaged workforce.
- Develop and execute on an HR operating plan in support of the organization’s strategy
- Elevate and manage goeasy’s Talent Management practice to ensure high potential talent can be identified and nurtured in support of the organization’s rapid growth plan
- Support business leaders by providing sound coaching and advice on talent-related matters
- Work directly with senior leadership to optimize the organizational design in support of achieving our strategic plan
- Operate directly as an HR Business Partner and consultant for leaders within our corporate head office
- Guide management and employee actions by researching, developing, writing, and updating policies in a manner that supports organizational values
- Create an Employee Relations centre of expertise that is responsive to business needs delivering consistent, quality service with measurable performance indicators and service levels
- Directly manage pre-litigation employment disputes and negotiations
- Regularly review data and metrics to identify emerging trends and proactively respond
- Monitor employee counselling, disciplinary actions, and performance improvement plans and involuntary terminations
- Oversee and support the performance management process and provide guidance to leaders on their employee reviews and evaluations
- 7-10 years of experience within progressive HR roles with at least 5 in a leadership position; experience with businesses that have experienced rapid scaling is considered beneficial
- Bachelors degree in a related field, masters is an asset;
- Senior-level experience in both employee relations and talent management is required
- Strong business acumen and analytical capability
- Elite problem-solving capability
- A proactive approach to customer service and relationship building with all levels of employees – an HR brand builder
- Ability to influence and negotiate at the senior leadership level
- Extensive knowledge of employment legislation and experience directly handling pre-litigation communications and negotiations
- Strong communication skills in all areas: written, verbal, and listening
- HR Systems and advanced analytics experience would be considered an asset
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
goeasy is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, goeasy is committed to providing accommodations for applicants upon request at any stage of the recruitment process in accordance with all legislative requirements throughout Canada. Please let us know if you require an accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.
All candidates considered for hire must successfully pass a criminal background check, credit check, and validation of their work experience to qualify for hire.
We thank all interested applicants, however, we will only be contacting those for interviews who possess the skills and qualifications outlined above.
Why should you work for goeasy?
To learn more about our great company please click the links below: