Manager, Data Operations
If you are looking to join one of Canada’s fastest growing companies, goeasy Ltd. is the place for you! Recognized as Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures, GTA's Top 100 Employers, one of Canada’s Top 50 Fintech’s and North America’s Most Engaged Workplaces, we want the best and brightest to join our team.
We are a publicly traded company on the TSX with over 4000% shareholder return since 2001, goeasy operates two main business units. Accredited by the Better Business Bureau, easyfinancial is our consumer lending business that offers secured and unsecured installment loans of up to $45,000 and easyhome is Canada’s largest merchandise lease-to-own company. It is our vision to provide everyday Canadians the path for a better tomorrow, today by giving them access to the credit they need and by offering them a second chance when they have been turned down by banks and traditional lenders. With a retail network of nearly 400 locations across Canada and over 2000 employees, we are able to build lasting relationships with our customers as we help them rebuild their credit and graduate towards prime rates and a brighter financial future.
The Manager, Data Operations will be leading the Data Operations team that plays an integral role in maintaining, monitoring and evolving data platform. This includes Operational Data Store (ODS) and Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW) platforms. The Data Operations team is mainly responsible for ensuring that data platform and applications provide outstanding data availability and stability.
- Oversee production support activities by Level 2 and Level 3 support teams on daily basis and provide direction in troubleshooting data issues such as ETL load errors. In order to ensure data availability and daily load completion, investigate impact and identify an interim/long term solution in fixing/mitigating the load errors.
- Responsible for proactively communicating any data availability delays that could impact the clients by raising incidents via incident management team.
- Performs administrative activities associated with the effective management of operations, including compiling, storing, and retrieving production data for reports.
- Draft, analyze and document ongoing production issues through JIRA or Sharepoint.
- Enhance Data Operations manual and publish artifacts for warehousing and business insight/reporting platforms.
- Perform periodic review of user access, security related aspects at database and server level in order to be complaint with established data governance and security policies.
- Oversee database/ETL code implementation in production environment by the DBA.
- Participate in mapping of data sources, data movement and interfaces with the goal of ensuring data quality, awareness, visibility and re-use.
- Perform data source discovery through reverse engineering and participate in various ad-hoc data analysis required for reporting.
- Work closely with Data engineering team to identify and document process improvements, and work with Data team to set priorities and implement change.
- Support Data Governance lead in enabling capacity planning, archiving and recovery strategies for master data.
- Collaborate with data practitioners (Data engineering team, BI team, Data Governance team, Business stakeholders) who with others define, manage and support the entire data and analytics operations for goeasy.
- Bachelors level degree in technical or business discipline, or equivalent work experience.
- 3-5 years experience leading production support teams in a data management setting.
- 5-7 years experience working with large volumes of data (structured and unstructured).
- Hands on experience on developing and implementing Enterprise Data Warehousing, ETL (such as SSIS) and real-time/batch data exchanges and working with related technologies.
- Strong knowledge of data warehousing architecture, data mining methodologies and business intelligence.
- Strong SQL skills and knowledge of RDBMS concepts with hands on experience in SQL Server, Postgres.
- Proficiency in scripting, Batch, PowerShell, etc. and experience with programming languages such as .NET, Java.
- Experience with Big Data Technologies (NoSQL, HDFS, Hive, Pig, Spark, Cloudera etc.) is preferred.
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
goeasy is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, goeasy is committed to providing accommodations for applicants upon request at any stage of the recruitment process in accordance with all legislative requirements throughout Canada. Please let us know if you require an accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.
All candidates considered for hire must successfully pass a criminal background check, credit check, and validation of their work experience to qualify for hire.
We thank all interested applicants, however we will only be contacting those for interview who possess the skills and qualifications outlined above.
Why should you work for goeasy?
To learn more about our great company please click the links below: