Bilingual Loan Administrator (French/English)
If you are looking to join one of Canada’s fastest growing companies, goeasy Ltd. is the place for you! Recognized as one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures, one of Canada’s Top 50 Fintech’s and one of North America’s Most Engaged Workplaces, we want the best and brightest to join our team.
We are a publicly traded company on the TSX with over 4000% shareholder return since 2001, goeasy operates two main business units. easyfinancial is our consumer lending business that offers secured and unsecured installment loans of up to $45,000 and easyhome is Canada’s largest merchandise lease-to-own company. It is our mission to provide everyday Canadians the path to a better tomorrow, today, by giving them access to the credit they need and by offering them a second chance when they have been turned down by banks and traditional lenders. With a retail network of nearly 400 locations across Canada and over 2,250 employees, we are able to build lasting relationships with our customers as we help them rebuild their credit and graduate towards prime rates and a brighter financial future.
The Loan Administrator is responsible for reviewing, analyzing, evaluating and approving a loan application. The Loan Administrator has the authority to grant exception approval(s) where a loan application does not satisfy company policy.
*Note: This role is internally referred to as Loan Underwriting Officer
What will you do as Loan Administrator?
- Assess and analyze loan applications; review, evaluate and analyze credit and financial history of applicants including capacity to pay to make final loan administration decision
- Apply detailed knowledge and understanding of company Policies and Exception Approvals
- Grant approvals in accordance with company policy or as delegated by the Risk and Analytics department
- Provide rationale to branch managers regarding the loan administration process and the analysis that took place where such applications are either approved or refused.
- Adhere to acceptable review timeframes for analysis of applications and loan administrator best practices
- Incorporate new (or changes to) policies and procedures in a live environment fluidly so as not to disrupt workflow for the loan administration unit
- Answer queries from sales staff pertaining to applications submitted for analysis and / or exception approval from the loan administration team
- Pinpoint fraudulent documents during analysis and report these to appropriate departments and the loan administration unit
- Match and validate application information such as income, paystubs and credit ratings to make a final loan administration decision in the approval process
What you need to work with us:
- Call Centre and financial industry experience are an asset
- Strong administrative skills with high interest to work in an administrative capacity and analyzing various documents
- High level of computer literacy, Intermediate to Advance skill level in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word and Outlook)
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written) such that decisions, instructions, and guidance can be conveyed in a clear manner
- Analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work autonomously in a team environment
- Able to work under pressure and in a fast-paced environment
- Criminal and Credit record checks will be administered
- Flexible work schedule (evenings and weekends)
- Bilingual FR/EN is mandatory - verbal and written
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
goeasy is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, goeasy is committed to providing accommodations for applicants upon request at any stage of the recruitment process in accordance with all legislative requirements throughout Canada. Please let us know if you require an accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.
All candidates considered for hire must successfully pass a criminal background check, credit check, and validation of their work experience to qualify for hire.
We thank all interested applicants; however, we will only be contacting those for interview who possess the skills and qualifications outlined above.
Why should you work for goeasy?
To learn more about our great company please click the links below: