Posted On: April 30, 2021
If you are looking to join one of Canada’s fastest growing companies, goeasy Ltd. is the place for you! Recognized as Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures, GTA's Top 100 Employers, one of Canada’s Top 50 Fintech’s and North America’s Most Engaged Workplaces, we want the best and brightest to join our team.
We are a publicly traded company on the TSX with over 4000% shareholder return since 2001, goeasy operates two main business units. Accredited by the Better Business Bureau, easyfinancial is our consumer lending business that offers secured and unsecured installment loans of up to $45,000 and easyhome is Canada’s largest merchandise lease-to-own company. It is our vision to provide everyday Canadians the path for a better tomorrow, today by giving them access to the credit they need and by offering them a second chance when they have been turned down by banks and traditional lenders. With a retail network of nearly 400 locations across Canada and over 2000 employees, we are able to build lasting relationships with our customers as we help them rebuild their credit and graduate towards prime rates and a brighter financial future.
goeasy is seeking a bright and motivated Financial Analyst looking to be part of a great Canadian Success story. This position is responsible for general accounting and financial analysis for the company. Reporting to the Senior Manager, Finance, the incumbent will be part of a team that will be responsible for full cycle accounting, financial statement preparation and analysis. The role involves dealing with operations located across North America and will be a key part of the team providing support to store managers and senior management for finance matters.
Key Accountabilities (include but are not limited to):
- Prepare journal entries with essential backup for manager’s review and approval
- Assist in preparation, interpretation and presentation of monthly P&L results
- Responsible for the preparation, maintenance and support of balance sheet account working papers
- Specific controlling activities to this roll include substantiating balances with source documentation, analytical support on key P&L and Balance Sheet areas
- Support of external and internal audit queries and compilation
- Adherence to all month end deadlines and timing
- Assist with investigating discrepancies and explaining variances from budget
- Answer questions from operations and process accounting adjustments as needed
- Correspondence with stores including answering the central finance mailbox
- Ad-hoc projects and information requests
- 2-3 years’ experience in an accounting role
- Bachelor’s Degree or pursuing professional qualification in accounting i.e. CPA.
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Familiar with working in a multi-entity and multi-currency environment
- Good knowledge of GAAP/IFRS
- Strong computer and accounting system skills- Intermediate Excel/ Access preferred
- Ability to multi-task and flexible to shifting priorities
- Comfortable dealing with senior management and non-finance functions
- Highly motivated and capable of working with minimum supervision
- Retail industry experience an asset
- Detail oriented, and able to work under pressure
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
goeasy is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, goeasy is committed to providing accommodations for applicants upon request at any stage of the recruitment process in accordance with all legislative requirements throughout Canada. Please let us know if you require an accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.
All candidates considered for hire must successfully pass a criminal background check, credit check, and validation of their work experience to qualify for hire.
We thank all interested applicants, however we will only be contacting those for interview who possess the skills and qualifications outlined above.
Why should you work for goeasy?
To learn more about our great company please click the links below: